A Cake Jewel Custom Cake is a work of art made with the freshest ingredients, a high level of design and baking experience, and a creative, skillful eye for details. Each cake is designed to create the most personalized cake experience possible.
"Clients seek me out when they want their vision turned into delicious edible artwork!"
Hyper-realistic, 3D, Custom Tiered, and Sculpted cakes that are guaranteed to WOW your guests! I RARELY do anything "simple", "normal" or "just a small..."
I don't take orders for classic celebration cakes or buttercream-only cakes, but I do have a list of exceptional preferred local cake decorators that do.
I don't create exact duplicates of other designer's cakes.
As each cake is custom, there are no set prices
The final price of your custom cake will depend on flavors, size, the complexity of structure and design, handmade elements, and total approximate hours of work
Custom tiered cakes start at $280.00 - this includes 1 tiered and sheet-like cakes
Sculpted, 3D and structured cakes start at $325.00. Most of the cakes you see in my gallery range from $325 to $450
Personalized realistic food cakes start at $30.00 - these cakes serve 1 to 2 people
Edible Fondant and Sugar Stillettos and Boots start between $150.00 and $200.00 - final cost depends on the design, complexity, and any handmade elements and painting
There is a 50% non-refundable retainer due within 72 hours after the quote is given if a booking is desired. Your order is not considered booked until the retainer is paid.
- Retainer and balance may be paid via Apple Pay, Cashapp, Venmo, or Cash. NO CHECKS.
- CashApp Name: $Cakejewel
- Venmo Name: $Cakejewel
- Balance is due immediately upon pick-up or delivery.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What do you use to decorate your cakes?
- I will use anything edible that will make your cake the best it can be, if that means fondant, modeling chocolate, isomalt, rice cereal treats, etc. Each order includes an informational sheet that details everything about your cake and photos.
- Are all your cakes made from scratch?
- the majority of my cakes are deliciously made from scratch, but I will on occasion use a tried and true yummy doctored box recipe (WASC) which includes, additional ingredients for added flavor and moisture. All my recipes are taste-tested to ensure great flavor, no matter which recipe I use.
- What types of frosting do you offer?
- I make my own all-butter buttercream ( I do not use shortening or whipped cream)
- I make my own white and chocolate ganache
- Do you offer cupcakes?
- Not at this time
- Do you offer cake decorating classes?
- I do offer cake decorating classes periodically - follow me on Instagram to stay updated.
- Do you offer Gluten-free or vegan cakes?
- Not at this time.
- Is your home-bakery allergen-free?
- I operate in a home kitchen that handles wheat, dairy, soy, and nuts.
- Are you licensed?
- Yes, I have a Cottage Food Permit #SR0036749-A, a business license, and food liability insurance.
- Can I get photos of the cake before it is delivered or picked up?
- I prefer not to send photos beforehand, because I love the first impression my clients receive, but I will send a progress photo if you request them. Additional costs will be added if changes are requested after the cake is completed.
Delivery is $1.00 per mile round trip from Rancho Cordova, 95742
NO REFUNDS ARE GIVEN FOR:
Disagreement on taste - All my cakes are taste-tested regularly, and I guarantee their freshness and taste. In the rare circumstance that something is not right with your cake, I will work with you to make it better or you must return the entire cake within 24 hours to receive a refund of 50%.
Final design outcome - To avoid miscommunication of any kind in regards to design, taste, etc, I will communicate with you as much as needed during the design process to ensure we are in perfect agreement. I DO NOT ASSUME ANYTHING! Exception: You give me complete design freedom.
Damage incurred to cakes you pick up. Please be sure to keep cakes on the floor of the vehicle and out of any heat or sun. Drive cautiously, don't make sudden stops or turns.
Damage incurred to the cake before, after, or during the event. Keep your cakes away from any heat source at the event.
Running out of cake. I use the industry-standard cake servings used by caterers and reception venues as a guideline for my cake cutting and serving suggestions, which are 1" wide x 2" deep and 4" tall cakes. My tiered and sculpted cakes are normally much taller and larger than industry-sized cakes, but if you plan to serve larger slices than the 1"x2", you may want to order a larger cake.
Cancellations 72 hours after retainer or final payment have been paid - there are exceptions, but there are no refunds for labor costs.
Payment of Retainer constitutes full agreement of the contract/invoice - please take the time to read it.
If you don't see a flavor you love, just ask.
Vanilla and Funfetti
Any flavor of buttercream
Fresh berry or strawberry
OK! Ready to request your quote?
DO YOU STILL HAVE QUESTIONS: CALL ME (916)296-0388